Though one of the primary goals of Manipulator is to maintain high performance, in practice you can easily include any function in your own Manipulator bundle if you so desire and popular demand can dictate inclusion of even performance problematic functions as well.
Compromise is daily bread for the idealist, given the world we live in.
The library uses the u and Util namespaces (u is short for Util). In some cases the function names also exist in a shorthand version, just to make it faster to write common functions.
In other words, ALL Manipulator functions starts with u or Util. For example:
is the same as
The extended namespaces
When the functionality scope becomes sufficiently complex or when it makes sense to avoid nameclashes, extended namespaces can be introduced. Extended namespaces are commonly devided into specific groups for load optimization - that way you can just include what you need in any given project.
Util.Animation = u.a
Animations and functions related to performing animations.
- u-animation - for plain CSS3 animations and transitions
- u-animation-to - for advanced animations and custom transitions
Util.Events = u.e
Events base and all event related functions.
- u-events.js - for plain event handlers
- u-events-movements.js - for drag, swipe and overlap detection
- u-events-browser.js - for browser events like scroll, resize and load events
Util.Form = u.f
Form initialization, extension and building.
- u-form.js - complex form initialization
- u-form-builder.js - building and extending forms
Util.History = u.h
Url/Hash change event handler for Ajax based navigation and history implementation.
Util.Keyboard = u.k
Keyboard shortcut handler
Util.Timer = u.t
Timeout and interval handler